Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy New Year!

So, I was completely wrong. As you assumed, Sheryl. I wasn’t bored at all. South Coast was great. We went down on the 28th, and after some delays, Christina’s family (including me) and her realtives from Tanzania, were all at the cottage. It was a beatiful cottage, three round houses that surronded the communal living area, that was open (but with a roof). A beatiful place. The pool was just a short walk away from our cottage, but still far enough away so that we couldn’t hear the noise.

Anyway, because the South Coast is so hot and humid I felt like I couldn’t do anything but soke in the pool. But we did do other things as well. We went swimming with dolphins. Not the captured kind, but the wild kind. We weren't sure if we would even be able to spot them, but our guides knew excatly were to lokk for them. And all of a sudden the guides says "who want to try and jump in the water with them?" Christina and I were of course up for that, and minutes (or rather seconds) later we were in the water - swimming with dolphins. They were just beautiful and very playful. A great experience.

We also spendt some time on the beach. And I have to say, the Indian Ocean does not hold the same temperature as the coast of Norway. It was so warm and nice. Even Christina's two year old cousin Ayanna would not get out of the water. All in all a perfect new year celebration.

Now I'm back in Nairobi, getting ready to leave again. On Sunday I'll go to Kisumu. A city just on the shores of Lake Victoria. This trip has been in the makings since before I arrived in Kenya, and I'm very happy that I'm finally going. The research that I will be doing there will be a large part of my thesis. I just need to get everything sorted out. I need a hotel most of all:) Well, I have to get on with my planing and organizing.

Much love


Btw, I had planned to put up some pictures, but it seems that the internet connection is too slow for that... Hopefully there will be some later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Så bra at du har hatt det så fint. Selv feiret jeg inngangen til det nye året med ei 17 timers lang vakt og så på rakettene fra sykehusvinduene - men det var ikke så verst det. Og i følge årshoroskopet så blir dette et bra år for karrieren min så det var vel passende.

Savner deg så nå får det være slutt med ferie på deg og så får du gjøre litt "ortlig" jobb så du kan komme deg hjem igjen!