Friday, December 08, 2006

I'm here.

Finally I'm here, here in Kenya. With Christina, whose Birthdays it is today - so Happy Birthday, Christina!

I arrived a few days ago, and have spent most of my days trying to get organized, hanging out with Christina and trying to get to know the city. Which isn't easy... It's a big city. Yesterday I tok a taxi home, alone for the first time. And I have to admit, I was not quite sure neither me or the driver knew where we were going. But me and Patrick (the driver) made a good team and mangage to get home.

Anyways, I'm trying to organize interview and meeting this week, but everybody seem to be busy and things have a habit of taking some time... African time??? But yesterday I met some interesting people, both from the UN system and from NGOs. And so far it looks like they can help me out quite a bit. But it almost a weekend allready, and I feel I'm getting a bit stressed about everything I need to do before I go home. Which is still far away, but at the same time close.

Okay, this was just a short update. I'll write more later. Much love!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you are with our baby! Please give her the biggest hug ever, and don't worry about any meetings, interviews, or life! When do you go home?

I'm watching my university's football team play another team. If they beat Montana State they move to the final game against who knows who, Go Umass! love love

Anonymous said...

you are my friend, and i love you for it.