Thursday, March 12, 2009

New adventures

I started this blog went I left Norway to go to Cape Town for 6 months. That was back in the beginning of 2006. I was attending University of Cape Town, and thought that blogging might help me tell the stories of my adventures in CT, hence the name. And it did. At first I wrote in Norwegian, I thought that most of my readers would be friends back in Norway, but soon discovered that also my new international friends in CT wanted to read. And especially after my return to Norway, the followers changed. Now it was my South African, German, American, Kenyan, Swiss or Canadian friends that wanted to follow my doings. So I switched to English. And kept it that way. Not long after South Africa, I journeyed on a new adventure. To Kenya to finish up my master thesis, and to spend time with my great friend Christina. But after the two months in Kenya, this blog has been practical dead. With the exceptions of a few cold hearted attempts to write while in Norway.

So, for the sole reason of getting this blog up and running, I’ve venture on a new adventure. I’ve moved to Sudan.

I now live in Juba, the capital of Southern Sudan. I arrived here a couple of weeks ago, and are slowly getting settled in. You know those first few weeks in a new city? You’re trying to figure out where everything is, what the shortest route to work is, where to go for the cheapest bread, or the best coffee? Well, it’s like that down here… times ten. Not only do I need to find out where everything is, but I need to remember it as well. You might think that that’s a stupid thing to say. But here in Juba, everything changes. It a different city by night, or when the dust has settled… And places just don’t, for some strange reason, look them same as they did the last time. But I’m slowing getting into the groove of Juba. I found the best coffee place. Great coffee and air-conditioned! What more can you wish for.

Anyway, I’m down here. And will be for a while. The blog will be updated.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Great to see the blog ressurected and to get frequent updates from your adventures both here and by other electronic means :) If I'm not the most active commenter I sure still will be reading!

Criola said...

I'm looking forward to your adventures Siri ;)

Anonymous said...

Uh oh, all the commentors were Norwegians, so I figured I'd better write something or you'd switch back and forget we existed!

I'm also looking forward to hearing your adventures; save the Sudan!

Siri said...

I'm glad you're all reading. Hopefully something interesting will pop up here :)